Friday, November 13, 2009

Beauty TIP #1 | What is an inexpensive way to deep clean make-up brushes?


I received this question from a friend the other day. What is an inexpensive way to deep clean make-up brushes? Make-up brush cleaners can be costly so an alternative brush cleaner that I like to use can be found right in your own kitchen. It's Olive oil! Yes, I use olive oil to deep clean my make-up brushes once a month or every time I use my brushes for a heavy make-up application.

Step 1: Pour some olive oil into a shallow container then dip your soiled make-up brush into the container.

Step 2: Swirl your make-up brush on an old towel in a circular motion (left to right, right to left) until you've removed a good majority of the make-up.

Step 3: Shampoo your brush (Johnson's Baby Shampoo works great!) and rinse with warm water.

Step 4: Place clean make-up brush on a dry towel and allow the hairs to hang over the counter.

DO NOT let your make-up brushes dry upside down otherwise the water will seep back into the brush and rust the ferrule.

FYI: Make-up brushes are divided into 3 parts...the hairs, the ferrule (the metal part) and the handle!

0 comments:

Post a Comment